PD Dr. Robert Lahmann
- Organization: Physics Insitute
- Working group: Chair of Experimental Physics (Astro Particle Physics)
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-27147
- Fax number: +49 9131 85-28774
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://ecap.nat.fau.de/index.php/person/dr-robert-lahmann/
- Address: Erwin-Rommel-Str. 1
91058 ErlangenRoom 223
I am currently a member of the ANTARES and KM3NeT collaborations. My prime research topic is the acoustic detection of neutrinos. You can find more informationen by choosing “Projects” from the menu on the left and then “Acoustic detection” or click here.
|since 03/2012||Assistant Professor (Privatdozent), Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg|
|since 10/2003||Staff Scientist (Akademischer Rat), Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, tenured since 06/2008|
|05/2000 – 09/2003||Development Engineer for electronic restraint systems (airbags), Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart|
|09/1996 – 04/2000||Fellow, DESY, Hamburg|
|01/1992 – 10/1996||Research Assistant, University of Maryland at College Park|
- 02/2012: Habilitation as Dr. rer. nat. habil. at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg;
thesis: Ultra-High-Energy Neutrinos and Their Acoustic Detection in the Sea
- 12/1996: Ph.D. received from the University of Maryland at College Park;
thesis: A Precision Measurement of the Z0 Lineshape Parameters for the Process Z0 → τ+ τ–
Recent Conference and Seminar Talks
- 2016-06-ARENA2016-Groningen-Lahmann (4.80 MB)
7th International Conference on Acoustic and Radio EeV Neutrino Detection Activities (ARENA 2016), Groningen (The Netherlands), June 2016: "Acoustic detection of high energy neutrinos in Sea Water: Status and Prospects" (invited talk)
- 2015-09-VLVnT15-Rome-2015 (3.86 MB)
7th International Workshop on Very Large Neutrino Telescopes (VLVnT 2015), Rome (Italy), Sept. 2015 : "Acoustic neutrino detection investigations within ANTARES and prospects for KM3NeT"
- 2014-08-panic2014_lahmann (10.39 MB)
20th Particles and Nuclei International Conference (PANIC 2014), Hamburg (Germany), August 2014: "Recent Results from the ANTARES Neutrino Telescope"
- 2014-07-ichep2014_05July_acoustic-nu-det_lahmann (12.96 MB)
37th International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP 2014), Valencia (Spain), July 2014: "Acoustic Detection of Neutrinos: Review and Future Potential"
- 2014-06-arena2014_lahmann_amadeus (2.08 MB)
6th International Conference on Acoustic and Radio EeV Neutrino Detection Activities (ARENA 2014), Annapolis, MD (USA), June 2014: "Status and Recent Results of the Acoustic Neutrino Detection Test System AMADEUS of ANTARES"
- 2013-07-icrc2013-0745_lahmann (1.76 MB)
33rd International Cosmic Ray Conference (ICRC 2013), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), July 2013: "Recent Results of the Acoustic Neutrino Detection Test System AMADEUS"
- 2011-10-VLVnT2011_lahmann (9.61 MB)
5th International Workshop on Very Large Neutrino Telescopes (VLVnT 2011), Erlangen (Germany), Oct. 2011: "Neutrino Detection, Position Calibration and Marine Science with Acoustic Arrays in the Deep Sea" (invited talk)
- 2011-08-ICRC2011_lahmann_id894 (3.49 MB)
32nd International Cosmic Ray Conference (ICRC 2011), Beijing (China), Aug. 2011: "Status and Recent Results of the Acoustic Neutrino Detection Test System AMADEUS"
- 2011-06-km3net_TIPP2011_lahmann (4.65 MB)
Technology and Instrumentation in Particle Physics 2011 (TIPP 2011), Chicago (USA), June 2011: "The Neutrino Telescope of the KM3NeT Deep-Sea Research Infrastructure"
- R. Lahmann et al., Thermo-acoustic sound generation in the interaction of pulsed proton and laser beams with a water target, Astropart. Phys. 65 (2015) p. 69 ( article on journal server), (article on arxiv)
- J.A. Aguilar et al. (ANTARES Collaboration), AMADEUS – The acoustic neutrino detection test system of the ANTARES Deep-Sea Neutrino Telescope, Nucl. Inst. and Meth. A 626-627 (2011) p. 128 ( article on journal server), (article on arxiv)
- C. Richardt et al., Reconstruction methods for acoustic particle detection in the deep sea using clusters of hydrophones, Astropart. Phys. 31 (2009), p. 19 (article on journal server)
- G. Anton et al., Study of piezo based sensors for acoustic particle detection, Astropart. Phys. 26 (2006), p. 301 (article on journal server)
List of my publications with the KM3NeT collaboration on inSPIRE
List of my publications with the ANTARES collaboration on inSPIRE
List of my publications with the H1 collaboration on inSPIRE
List of my publications with the OPAL collaboration on inSPIRE
Triggers and firing decisions do not only matter in experimental particle physics. I am principal inventor or co-inventor of several patents for the Robert Bosch GmbH concerning electronic restraint systems. Here you can find a selection.
- “Method for generating a firing decision for a restraining system”, European Patent Office publication EP1599365; ( pdf in German ) ( pdf in English )
- “Device for recognizing a rollover event”, European Patent Office publication EP1528992; ( pdf in German ) ( pdf in English )